Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Keeping it Real Questions

I honestly think it is really important to write about what you know. Anytime I write, I make sure and pick a topic I know about, whether it be fictional or not. I always do research on the things I write about. That is actually one of my favorite parts of the writing process, the research and planning.

Despite all of that, I know that I would never work for a newspaper. I feel like writing for me is just a creative outlet. I don't think i could go through the processes of it if what i was writing wasn't very fictional. Maybe I could do a few opinion based columns but even that feels like a stretch. I am not sure i can handle my opinion being attacked and criticized in such a public way. In my life, I have learned to keep my opinions to myself.

As far as life goes, I kind of agree that it can be full of disappointment. There are ways to deal with it though, positive ways. I feel like too many people these days let life get them down. Honestly it's all about perspective, like that "glass half full/empty" argument, I'm a glass half full type of person, or at least I try to be. I have had to learn how to deal with disappointment. I feel like people who don't learn how to deal with it properly are weak at the core.

I don't remember my parents really giving me a lot of nicknames. They often shorten my name to just Cass. My grandma used to call me "Little". I ended up accidentally giving my dad a nickname, and later my mom. Honestly it is a long story that I don't want to write out, but I call my dad Gig and my mom Mig.

I have had trouble getting over a few people in my life. One was a loss, the other a relationship. I lost someone really close to me a few years ago. My aunt DeeDee was like a grandmother to me. I still miss her everyday. Honestly I am not completely over her.

I actually stole a friend's "mate" once, it's also a long story that I would rather not get into.

A perfect day in the life of me would be quite a dozy. It would be a day of adventure. I wouldn't want one thing to go wrong. The weather would have to be nice. I'm not sure exactly who i would want to spend it. Maybe a lone would be better; i tend to be really introverted. I'm not sure if a perfect day in the life of me would even be possible. Maybe everyday could be a perfect day if I let it be. Maybe everyday is a perception issue, like the day is half full of goodness, not half empty. Or maybe it is half empty, but of badness. That's probably not even good grammar. I feel like a perfect day would only consist of good grammar too.



1 comment:

  1. Good grammar=perfect day. : ) I know what you mean about not being drawn to newspaper writing. The idea of constant deadlines and reporting fact just never appealed to me either. I hope you hold on to your glass full mentality and sense of adventure.

    ReplyDelete