Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Photo Hunt

Something that irritates me:
Football is really annoying to me. I am not trying to bash people who are involved with it, but it irks me to see it being favored over other activities.
#footballcausesconcussionsanyway
Something that is beautiful:
Trust me, when you have been at rehearsals for all hours of the night, nothing is more beautiful than the sight of a pair of vending machines.
#foodgloriousfood

An interesting angle:
This is an interesting angel of a painting by one of our students who graduated a while ago. I've always really liked this painting.
#interestingart
Something from Nature
There isn't a lot of nature around campus. These trees are a lot prettier in the fall...I promise.
#sadtrees
Something Round:
I have always like these floral chairs we have in the library. One day I might steal one.
#stolenchair

Something a Child Might Notice:
On the Class of 2016 panel, I drew one of my original characters; a little mouse who doesn't understand. We probably weren't supposed to do that but I couldn't help myself.
#derpmouse 
Something that brings back an important memory:
I took a trip to the Kickapoo library to photograph the title page of my favorite book. This book is one of the many things that have gotten my through high school.
#bookbegettingmethrough
Something that makes me smile:
In the theater classroom we have posters for every musical Mr. Butcher has ever done. Lucas Grabiel played Ryan in High School Musical and he also played one of the leads in a Kickapoo production of Footloose. 
#pubescentdisneystars

Something handwritten:
This is painted over the mirror in the girls dressing room. 1999 was the first musical that our drama director Mr. Butcher, did here at Kickapoo. I like to look up at the inspiring words from girls who graduated form our theatre program all those years ago.
#thetop



Something Square:
This is a square window over by the theater entrance to our school. I have looked through this window many times during rehearsals, waiting on buses, etc.
#specificwindowsbelike
Someone I would like to be more like:
This is a promotional poster for FCA. It is a Christian club here at school. I can honestly say that someone i want to be more like is Jesus Christ.
#praiseHim

Something quintessentially American:
Room 112 is the most American place in Kickapoo High
school. This is the place where "history comes alive."
#'merica

Something that will always remind me of being at KHS.
My sophomore year, our theatre production put on a production of Monty Python's Spamalot. I got to play as the role of the Head Ni Knight of the Knights Who Say Ni. Every time I see anything Monty Python, I will think of one of the favorite roles i played in High School.
#Ni!

1 comment:

  1. So many of your memories here are connected to the theatre department! I'm glad you had those opportunities. I had no idea there was still a Coke machine available to students in this school!

    ReplyDelete