Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Reel" Life

One of my all time favorite movies is Disney Pixar's Toy Story. It has been my favorite movie since before I could even form words properly. As a kid, the animation fascinated me, along with the story line. The idea that all of our toys are really alive seemed like an excellent theory to me. Sometimes I still find myself staring into the glossy eyes of my favorite stuffed animals and wondering. I love most of Pixar's films and Toy Story alone may be one of the first things that sparked an artistic interest in me. I still really enjoy the movie as an adult, maybe even more so. Watching it is comforting almost, reminding me of when life was simpler for me.

I don't watch movies as often as I used to. I find it difficult to go with my parents, because when my Mom wants to go, my Dad doesn't and vise versa. I don't really have a lot of time to go myself. Usually when I am at home, I don't have time for Netflix. Maybe one episode of something before bed or during dinner. I find myself often missing new releases that i really want to see, and that really irks me.

Another one of my favorite movies is Dumb and Dumber. The movies itself is really stupid, but the humor is clever. I really didn’t care for the sequel, I feel like the humor wasn’t the same and Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels just seemed too old to play those roles. The first movie is a family favorite. My Dad enjoys it more than my mom. I feel like me and my Dad have similar tastes in movies. Dumb and Dumber is quoted between us regularly, along with the Back to the Future trilogy, Will Ferrell's Elf, and a few of Adam Sandler’s movies.

I took the movie quiz, and I feel like it was pretty accurate to my motives for watching movies. It is very correct when it says that I don’t watch movies as a way to get rid of my boredom. I don’t usually watch movies for artistic value either (believe it or not), and i am not one for most mainstream movies (I never enjoyed Harry Potter. Books or movies. Sorry everyone).

I wish i could watch more movies when they come out in the theaters. I’m trying to go see Batman V Superman here soon. Fingers crossed that I will have time.

1 comment:

  1. Dumb and Dumber is an oft-quoted favorite in our house, too! : ) Maybe you'll get to the movies more often this summer now that you have a break from school and theatre. I'm looking forward to The Secret Lives of Pets!

    ReplyDelete