Friday, February 26, 2016

The Future Seems Brighter

y

Yesterday we went on a fieldtrip to 417 Magazine. They had a lot of different presentations ready for us, ranging from all the different parts and pieces of the process of putting the magazine together every month. A found a few things interesting; one of them being how early they plan each monthly issue. I think it would be really difficult to plan something that is supposed to be “in the now” three months ahead. I also found it interesting how they thought we were supposed to be there until four. I find miscommunication intriguing, how do they even happen? Lastly, when my friend Victoria mention copyright conflicts, it seemed as if that thought never dawned on them. They’ve been a business for how long, and they’ve never had copyright issues? Strange.
I would have liked to ask more about what the art department does. That was the only part of the process that sparked my interest.


Anyhow, if I had to be employed by a magazine, I would probably choose Dramatics or something like that. Dramatics is a magazine for thespians and theatre enthusiasts. Honestly I don’t really read magazines, and I really really hate newspapers; so I can’t passionately answer that question.


In a year I would like to be in college and, honestly, far away from here (as in Springfield freak’n Missouri). I am going to college here though so...the later part is destined for doom. In five years I would like to be out of college and doing well with….whatever I am doing. Hopefully I have a steady relationship by that point, but i don’t imagine that I will be married yet. Hopeful kids aren't involved yet. A little house by the beach would be nice, or maybe somewhere exciting like New York.





I don’t really know much about what I want to do with my life but, I don't know that it will be creative and it won’t involve Journalism.

1 comment: